BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

Thursday, July 29, 2010

9 weeks, 4 days

Baby V is now 9 weeks, 4 days along and the size of a green olive! How exciting! Baby is now a fetus, has eyelids, his/her little heart has developed the 4 chambers of the heart, and no longer has a tadpole like tail.

I'm still feeling pretty good at this point, minimal symptoms aside from the increased progesterone which makes me feel terribly groggy and tired all the time (especially in the afternoons). Other small symptoms include a gag reflex when I brush my teeth and when I smell certain things. I haven't had a taste for much of anything except for Asian cuisine which is pretty surprising. I cringe at the sight of tomato sauce after cooking pasta a few weeks back and not being able to stomach more than a fork full.

I've also turned into somewhat of a paranoid mommy, protecting my belly when I walk around the office so that no one will bump me, I'll grab the stair railing even though I won't need it... My boss also advised me to not buy produce that isn't organic because of the pesticides that I may ingest into my body and affect my developing jelly bean. So... I went to Whole Foods last night and spent $10 on a small bag of organic cherries among a few other items, totaling just shy of $60. I am painfully mourning the loss of white, steamed rice from my diet and am not adjusting well to brown rice - even though I found jasmine brown rice last night. It is still horrid.

2 more weeks until my next doctor visit... I am looking forward to my little jelly bean growing and seeing how the little one is doing. 1 more week until Vegas with the girlies - I can't wait for a vacation and some pampering!

Oh, and more news, hubby interviewed for a position several weeks ago and we are keeping our fingers crossed for him. It is with the same company, but more in line with his interests and the increased pay bracket isn't bad either!

No comments:

Post a Comment